August 2015 Sports Book News

CONTESTS!!
August is the time when Nevada sports books roll out their contests and the trend this year is toward more free and less pay set-ups. Stations has done away with the $25 entry fee Great Giveaway and has replaced it with a one entry per person free kiosk contest called Gridiron Glory. Coast has run a successful free kiosk contest the last couple years and Stations will now go that route but with a more interesting format that includes a post-season and prizes earned for achieving certain levels.

SC-Gig
Gridiron Glory

While Coast, Hard Rock, Ellis Island, Rampart and Stations are among those with free contests this year, William Hill, Aliante, and Peppermill Reno (with two – including a Last Fan Standing) will have $25 entry fees. At William Hill you can enter as many as 25 times per person. Also on the pay side, Station will stick with their $25 entry fee Last Man Standing Pro and College contests.

On the high end, there’s the $1,500 entry fee SuperContest at the Westgate. They’ll hold their popular SuperContest Weekend on Aug 28th & 29th with informational seminars, a golf outing, and drawings on Saturday night for merchandise and six free SuperContest entries.
Westgate SuperContest

The biggest entry fee contest is at the Golden Nugget this year and it looks like a good one. Entry fee is $2,000 and the design is unconventional, with a make-the-cut feature at the halfway point. After eight weeks the top eight in the standings advance to a single elimination format. All those making the cut will cash and top prize gets 75% of the pot after 20K is paid to places 3-8. Second place gets the other 25%. College and Pro games will be used as well as totals for all lined games, so it’s a contest that should appeal to all types of bettors.

A full rundown of all the Nevada contests including all the free ones and some strategies for maximizing your chances is being continuously updated in the “Contests” section of LVASports.
Nevada Contest List

=========

WILLIAM HILL PROMO:
The William Hill Fall Rewards is now underway for mobile betting customers.
Earn up to $100 in cashback for your mobile wagers from now until Dec 31st.

WH.9943-Fall-Rewards-Web-Banner-PRESS

Sign up at the following link: William Hill Fall Rewards

=========

STATION BONUS:
Get a $50 free play sign-up bonus when you get yourself a new Stations SportsConnection mobile betting account. Good on both PC and mobile device platforms.
SportsConnection

SC-MarchMadness-2SportsConnectionPrepaidCard

Sign-up Form

=========

UK BETTING:
In the United Kingdom, over the last year UKGC changes that affect foreign sports betting operations has resulted in books such as Pinnacle and TheGreek to pull out of the market there. This week 5Dimes bowed out as well. Some trying to access from UK IP’s have found themselves unable to reach the site. This is all part of a movement to clean up the unlicensed operators and help protect business domestically.

=========

BITCOINS:
The unpredictability of the virtual currency Bitcoins continued this week when a drop from $260 per BC to $207 occurred in a matter of hours. A drop in excess of 20% is alarming but speculation is that it was at least, in part, due to some manipulation. Bitcoins settled in at the $230 range after the big flux. Current BitCoin Price

=========

BOXING:
Mayweather Vs Berto is scheduled for Sept 12 at the MGM and the price quickly settled in the -3300 range on Floyd. As of Aug 20th every book both offshore and in Las Vegas had the fight
at no less than -3000 except for CGTechnology. They have Mayweather at the bargain price of -2500. Seems Floyds favorite place to bet is willing to take an early position on Berto.

APP BETTING NEAR THE BORDER:
One big issue with Nevada mobile betting is the ability to bet when near a border town. There are several casino areas right near Nevada borders and only Station Casinos seems to have figured out how to get theirs to work when close to a state line. Places like Mesquite, Laughlin, Primm, Verdi and Lake Tahoe have been real trouble spots for all the apps and players are not able to bet from these locations even while standing in a licensed Nevada sports book. The GPS fence systems being used just won’t allow it. Stations is the only one tested where bets were able to be made literally 100 yds from a border. That’s a big plus. Stations also allows betting from your home PC with the proper connection. These are two big advantages the SportsConnection system has over the competition.

Posted in SportsBook News, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Archives